Trust me, you want to have these things handy!
Have Baby Will Travel Carry-On Packing List
This carry-on packing list may seem excessive. But, if you’re flying with a baby or toddler, you know that needing something and not having access to it would be awful. Airports and airplanes do not have great selections of baby products on hand.
If you split the contents between the usually allotted three bags of carry-on luggage by most airlines for two adults and a lap baby, you should be able to avoid needing a mule to carry everything 🙂
Don’t forget to also print out our Mother of all Packing Lists
Carry-On Packing List for Flying with Babies & Toddlers:
- Plane tickets
- Passports & other ID
- Consent form if both parents are not traveling
- Hotel vouchers/printed reservation correspondence
- Credit cards/money
- Travel insurance information
- Smartphone & charger
- Tablet or laptop & charger, headphones
- Camera & charger
- Prescription medications
- Baby’s ‘Woobie’ or special blanket or toy (guard this with your life!)
- 1 diaper per every hour of your journey
- Wipes, wipes & more wipes
- 2 changes of clothes for baby
- At least 1 change of clothes for you
- Plastic bags to hold aforementioned possible laundry
- Food for baby – at least two more meals than you think you’ll need
- Formula or milk for baby – at least 2 more feeds than you think you’ll need
- Clean bottles or sippy cups
- Breast pump & accessories (if you’re pumping)
- Extra pacifiers (if baby takes them)
2 One-litre zippered plastic bags for you and adult travel partner containing:
- travel-sized toothpaste
- travel-sized mouthwash
- travel-sized hand sanitizer
- travel-sized moisturizer
- travel-sized liquid dish soap
- travel-sized deodorant
- travel-sized shampoo
- travel-sized conditioner
- travel-sized disinfecting liquid (like alcohol or peroxide)
- small tube antibiotic ointment
- a few cotton swabs
- fabric bandages
1 One-litre zippered plastic bag for baby containing:
- liquid baby antihistamine
- liquid baby acetaminophen
- travel-sized baby wash
- travel-sized baby shampoo
- travel-sized baby moisturizer
- travel-sized diaper cream
- travel-sized baby sunscreen
- travel sized baby laundry soap
- a few oral re-hydration unfrozen freeze pops
I know, I know, this carry-on packing list seems like A LOT OF STUFF.
But, split amongst 2 ½ of you in easy-to-carry (or pull) carry-on baggage, it’s totally doable.
We’ve taken a gazillion flights with our kids and never once have I had to regret not bringing something when we were mid-flight or stuck in a delay (one was four hours, and I know that’s lucky).
Travel regulations limit the amount of liquid you can bring through airport security. But if you’re traveling with a child under two, you are exempt from those limits (within reason). We’ve had no trouble with our kids’ milk, formula, food, and medicines. We keep it in the original packaging and separate it from the rest of our things.
All of the travel-sized toiletries and baby’s mini-pharmacy mentioned above should fit in your one-litre zippered plastic bags. Ours did.
- The Complete Guide to Baby Travel Gear
- The Complete Guide to Buying and Using Travel Car Seats
- Information & Tips for Traveling with Babies & Toddlers
- Tips for Flying with an Infant or Toddler at Every Age & Stage
- What to Do if Baby Gets Sick on Vacation
Have Baby Will Travel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates/Influencer Program.
If you make a purchase through this site, we may receive a small commission.
Click here to check out our Amazon Store.